Am I a Candidate for Cosmetic Surgery in Charleston, SC
Board-certified plastic surgeon Dr. Brian G. Widenhouse offers plastic surgery for patients who live in Charleston, Daniel Island, Mount Pleasant and the surrounding communities in South Carolina.
Cosmetic surgery, although usually not considered medically necessary, does offer significant benefits that we want to offer to everyone, but never at the expense of safety or when inappropriate. We take patient screening very seriously at Port City Plastic Surgery and believe that you should take the time to consider any cosmetic surgery carefully before making a decision.
Do I Need Cosmetic Surgery?
The best way to learn whether you are a candidate for cosmetic surgery is to schedule a complimentary consultation with Dr. Brian G. Widenhouse, but below are some important considerations to keep in mind.
Cosmetic surgery is not a casual solution to every minor problem. In considering cosmetic surgery, first, ask whether it is something you need. Start by asking yourself the following questions:
- Am I self-conscious about my appearance on a daily basis?
- Does my self-consciousness interfere with my quality of life?
- Does my appearance make me avoid clothes, places, or activities I would otherwise enjoy?
- Have I tried other reasonable ways to improve my appearance (make-up, wardrobe changes, diet, and exercise), but been unsatisfied with the results?
- Is my self-consciousness long-term (lasting more than a year)?
If you answered “yes,” to any of the above questions, cosmetic surgery may be the right solution for you.
Is Cosmetic Surgery Safe for Me?
At Port City Plastic Surgery, we take every possible measure to make our cosmetic surgery as safe as possible, but safety is a team effort. These questions can help you decide whether cosmetic surgery will be reasonably safe for you:
- Am I in generally good health?
- Am I prepared to take the time and put in the effort to recover fully from my procedure?
Cosmetic surgery is still surgery, and you should fully discuss your medical history with Dr. Widenhouse during your consultation. If you think you might be a good candidate for cosmetic surgery, please call or email Port City Plastic Surgery in Charleston, South Carolina today to schedule a consultation.
Dr. Brian G. Widenhouse is passionately committed to reflecting your inner beauty. Using the latest and most advanced procedures for cosmetic and reconstructive surgery, our team offers full body plastic surgery, emphasizing overall health and wellness to the residents of Charleston, Daniel Island, Mount Pleasant and the surrounding communities in South Carolina. Contact Port City Plastic Surgery today!