When it comes to plastic surgery, facial surgery has been and continues to be one of the most popular kinds. This makes sense: from first impressions to photographs, our faces remain the center of attention when it comes to our day-to-day life and the way we are remembered. Facial plastic surgery allows for you to leave the impression you desire. So, what are the top procedures today?
The most popular facial procedures at Port City Plastic Surgery are:
- Facelifts: as one of the most talked about plastic surgery procedures, facelifts are true to their popularity.
- Rhinoplasty: also known as a nose job, rhinoplasty is a surgery that reconstructs or reshapes the nose to complement your other facial features.
- Blepharoplasty: also known as eyelid surgery, blepharoplasty corrects problems with the eyelids, such as drooping or other signs of aging.
- Lip Augmentation: by adding volume to the upper and/or lower lips, lip augmentation creates the appearance of fuller and defined lips.
- Laser Skin Resurfacing: this procedure removes damaged skin to give you a more youthful, rejuvenated appearance.
So, what really is a facelift, and what makes them so popular?
Facelift is a general term used to describe procedures that address specific aging signs in the face. These signs vary from person to person, thus the procedure is customizable to your specific needs, making them appealing to a wide variety of people. Some aging concerns that can be addressed with a facelift include the following:
- Displaced fat (which leads to creases in the skin)
- Excess fat
- Muscle laxity (when skin loses elasticity)
- Creases (below the lower eyelids or nose)
Everybody ages, but not everybody has to show the effects of aging. Why wait when it comes to restoring your youth? For more information on facelifts or other facial procedures, contact Port City Plastic Surgery in Charleston and Daniel Island today to schedule your consultation.