What Is a Mommy Makeover and Is It for Me?
Motherhood will change your life in many ways. Unfortunately, it will also change your body. Breasts that were once full and firm may become smaller and the breasts can sag. Stomachs are never quite as toned or as flat as they once were, even with regular exercise. The effects of pregnancy include:
- Stretch marks
- Stretching of the abdominal skin and muscles
- Changes in breast shape and size
- Loss of elasticity in breast skin
- Stubborn pockets of residual fat
- Varicose veins or spider veins
- Changes in skin health
From sagging breasts to stretch marks and loose tummy skin, your post-baby body can be a real hit to your self-esteem. Many moms experience frustration and depression over these body changes, and in many cases, these changes are permanent unless surgery is done to reverse them.
What Is a Mommy Makeover?
If you’re feeling down in the dumps about your post-baby body, a mommy makeover may be the solution for you. A mommy makeover is a combination of plastic surgery procedures that are designed to get your pre-baby body back. These surgical procedures focus on the areas of the body that are most commonly affected by pregnancy. And since no two mommies are alike, you can customize the procedures to fit your individual needs.
A mommy makeover can involve any number of procedures that are right for you, including:
- Tummy tuck – Pregnancy can cause the abdominal wall’s muscles to stretch and separate. A tummy tuck will tighten the abdominal muscles and skin.
- Liposuction – Hormonal changes during pregnancy can cause stubborn fat deposits. Liposuction will help to remove those fat deposits and contour your body.
- Breast augmentation – You can add breast implants to change the size of your post-baby breasts.
- Breast lift – A breast lift can fix sagging breasts, giving you a more desirable shape.
- Thigh lift – If you are concerned about the appearance of loose, sagging skin on your thighs, a thigh lift can help you create firmer, slimmer thighs.
- Labiaplasty – This plastic surgery procedure reshapes the labia, reducing excess skin and correcting asymmetry.
It is easier to address all of your body issues in a single surgery because you would only have to go under anesthesia once and you would have a single recovery and downtime.
When Should I Have My Mommy Makeover?
Your body needs time to recover after giving birth. You should be done breastfeeding before having a mommy makeover. Ideally, you should be done having children before having a mommy makeover. That’s because future pregnancies could undo the results of your mommy makeover.
To find out if a mommy makeover is right for you, contact us for more information or to schedule a consultation. Port City Plastic Surgery serves Charleston, Daniel Island, Mount Pleasant and Summerville, South Carolina from two locations in Charleston and Daniel Island.
2683 Lake Park Drive
Charleston, SC 29406
125 River Landing Drive
Daniel Island, SC 29492